Chabobo of the information you provide when using the
Chabobo web site. It is to be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions of
use of the site.
Chabobo is committed to the online privacy of all its users. This policy statement is designed to give a clear explanation of Chabobo 's data processing practices. For your protection, we are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have given all appropriate notifications to the Information Commissioner.
What information do we collect?
- All the information necessary to fulfil your registration including, your name, company, telephone/fax number, your email address, postal address and where relevant your credit or debit card details (which are never stored on our database).
- The web server also collects data pertaining to every visitor, including the IP address, the length of time spent on the site and the pages accessed when visiting the site.
- Where applicable, personal information to identify you as an additional security measure (e.g. Mother’s Maiden Name)
- We may ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with products purchased, and contact preferences in order to provide you with further correspondence about our services. You are not obliged to provide this information, and you can opt out of this correspondence during registration.
What will we do with the information?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and in particular for the following reasons:
- Registration purposes to allow you to login, in order to provide a more direct service.
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve our web site and services.
- As part of our customer care procedures our representatives may follow up, either by e-mail, phone or fax to people who have registered on our site and has agreed to be contacted by us.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you, may find interesting, using the email address you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post, unless you have registered with the appropriate Preference Service, but only if you have agreed to be contacted by us.
Do we sell or share your personal information?
When you use this site and have not advised us to the contrary, you are agreeing
that we may use your personal information for the purposes set out in this
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than our subsidiaries, affiliates, parent companies unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may release your personal information to our authorised direct marketing agents unless you tell us that you do not wish this to happen.
This process may include sending personal information outside of the European Economic Area and, if necessary, across international borders. The data protection laws in these countries may not be as extensive as in the European Economic Area. However, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure the same level of protection for the processing carried out in these countries as within the European Economic Area.
If you have not previously objected to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change you mind at any time be writing to us.
This web site is operated by Chabobo Ltd.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a piece of text which asks your browser permission to be placed
on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree (or your browser agrees
automatically if you have set it up in that way), your browser adds that text
in a small file. A cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets web site operators
know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond
to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your
needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your
preferences. For example, a cookie may store your login details, so that when
you return to the site, you only need to enter your password to continue.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our web site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Denial of a traffic log cookie may prevent you from using the web site. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better web site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. This practice is strictly enforced. We know that people have concerns about cookies, but we believe that the benefit that you and Chabobo gain from their proper use is worthwhile. You may set up your web browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator) to notify you of cookie placement requests or decline cookies completely (although declining them may prevent you from being able to use the web site properly or at all). You can delete the files that contain cookies – those files are stored as part of your Internet browser.
What are Links?
This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Chabobo Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites and accordingly assumes no responsibility whatsoever in respect of such sites. Furthermore, Chabobo Ltd does not endorse any products and/or services featured on any third party site. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the site in question.
How do i Opt Out/Unsubscribe?
Users have the option to subscribe to various email services, which we offer. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option not to receive these types of communication by default. The service is required by the user to agree to receiving such information.
What do i do if my personal information is incorrect?
If a user's personally identifiable information changes we will correct, update or remove that user's personal data as speedily as possible. You may request details of the personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. This fee will not exceed £55. If you would like a copy of the information held on you or would like us to correct, amend or update your information please contact us using the contact form on this web site. or in writing.